The area of Ballynafeigh has been faithfully served by the Belfast City Mission for almost 93 years. The Belfast City Mission witnessed a great need in the area and on 6th October 1926 the Kimberley Street hall was established. Mr Harry Magill was the first Missionary to serve the district. He engaged with people of the community of that time and he found people had a consciousness of God even though they had no church connection. Mr William Wylie followed as Missionary, subsequently he was later to become Secretary to the Belfast City Mission. During the next years there was a number of various Missionaries who served in Kimberley Street. Mr John T Adamson 1938-1939, Mr Andrew Orr 1939-1945, Thomas J Robinson 1945-1952, Mr R G Anderson 1952-1955, Mr William E Harper 1955-1961. Mr Robert Jess was appointed to Kimberley Street in 1961 and was to serve for 20 years in the district. At that time changes to the area were just beginning and during this time many came to faith in Christ Jesus. Mr Jess retired from the work and was succeeded by Mr Sydney Rea. Mr Rea received a call to Londonderry Baptist Church and resigned from the Mission. On 1st December 1985 Mr Robert Brown was appointed to the staff and proceeded to take up duties in the Kimberley Street hall. Mr Brown then transferred to Canton Street on 1st April 1993. Mr Tom Marshall was appointed to the work in Kimberley Street May 1993. Mr Marshall was then transferred to Lord Street on 28th January 1996 and Mr Samuel Morrow took up duties after previously serving in Island Street. On the 31st May 1997 Kimberley Street hall was re-opened, having undergone internal renovations. Mr Morrow retired from the Mission in May 2010 after serving for 27 years, 14 years were spent in Kimberley Street. From the beginning of 2000 Belfast started to change dramatically with many multi-national people coming to the City. This was wildly evident in the Kimberley Street and district. The present Missionary William Cowan who had worked as the City Centre Evangelist for a number of years was appointed to Kimberley Street, he was joined on a part-time basis by Mr Stanley Kyle who joined the Mission in September 2009. Stanley also works with AWM as its representative. As the area is surrounded by many bridges the hall was renamed as “The Bridge”. The hall was given a complete makeover and converted into a multi purpose building to cater for the work. Both William and Stanley engage with all nationalities that have settled in the area, in particular they are in contact with many from the Muslim religion who are now residents within the area.
Despite all changing times the aim of the Belfast City Mission Kimberley Street (The Bridge) will always be about the promotion of the Gospel throughout the community and to witness many coming to a saving knowledge of Christ Jesus in their lives.